Cold Storage What are the Features?
What is Cold Storage?
It is the marketing of vegetables and fruits collected from the field or garden without spoiling and rotting, their transportation and storage until consumption when necessary.
Cooling is applied in cold storage of foodstuffs at a certain temperature and humidity, in a way that preserves the fresh appearance of foodstuffs and their odour, taste and vitamin values at a level closest to those in nature.
Required for all investors with innovative thinking for profitability and selling products at value.
Cold Storage Features
- Cold storages are structures that can be built as reinforced concrete or prefabricated.
- Cold storages should be suitable for heat insulation, the panel to be selected, the product to be placed and the degree of storage. Insulation conforms to standards (8 cm-10 cm-120 cm -150 cm -180 cm – 200 cm)
- The type of product to be placed and the weight of the product to be placed should be determined. The food load that can be stacked per unit area has been determined. (ton/m2)
- Ammonia or freon (R404) derivative refrigerants can be used in the cooling system.
- The cooling range in cold stores is between + 15 C and -5 C.
- The freezing range in cold stores is between 0 C and -40 C.
- The humidity control in cold storage and rooms is designed to be adjusted according to the type of food.
- The whole cooling system can be designed with fully automatic control and overload protection.
- There are platforms suitable for unloading and loading of vehicles.
- There are cooling and freezing rooms that can be used independently from each other.
- Quick freezing (freezing) has rooms in accordance with the standards.
- Cold rooms have a homogeneous ambient temperature.
- Cold stores are designed in accordance with the infrastructure that can be cleaned quickly and easily.
- The cooling system should not have an economical and risky design or application
Cold Room Storage Product Storage Types
Cold room; (-5/+5) most of the freshly kept food products are kept at this temperature.
frozen room; (-15/-25°C) all frozen foods are stored in this temperature range. Frozen storage is the preservation of the temperature of the products whose core temperature has been lowered to -18 °C by probing.
shock chamber; (-30-45 °C) freezing is not a type of storage. Freezing is the process of reducing the core temperature of fresh products to -18 ºC in a short period of 4-7 hours.
Cold Storage Conditions
- They are facilities established for the purpose of storing perishable food, equipped with cooling equipment, insulated so as not to be affected by external conditions, temperature and humidity conditions can be adjusted according to the types of products stored.
- In this type of facilities, it is the physical distribution and marketing organization to maintain quality.
- Harvested fruits and vegetables, when stored in suitable conditions, preserve their freshness to a great extent. Appropriate lozenges allow the temperature and relative humidity to be adjusted.
- If the optimum conditions in storage are provided and as well, every fruit and vegetable provided has the opportunity to last only for a certain period of time.
- This period varies from a few days to 5-6 months.
- In atmosphere-controlled cold storage, the air composition changes in a way that increases the durability of the product. Oxygen is reduced and carbon dioxide is increased relative to the amount found in normal air.
- All products stored in cold air warehouses that are cooled in the normal way can be stored in such warehouses.
- The main environmental conditions that affect the storage of agricultural products are temperature, humidity, air composition, air movement, ventilation and air pressure.
Minimizing Losses in Storage and Harvest
- Accurately determining the harvest time
- Good technical performance of the harvest work
- Use of appropriate tools and equipment, knowledgeable workforce
- Cleaning and warehouse diseases
- Depending on these, it is the minimization of the loss in the process from the exit of the goods from the warehouse, to the loading of the goods and to consumption.
As Alfa Proje, we serve each of our projects with years of experience and passion.
ASSEMBLY, MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR
ALFA PROJE DIŞ TİCARET INC. designs the processes specially according to your special demands and ensures the assembly of your projects by authorized and expert technical teams. Our company is ready to provide 24/7 maintenance and repair support with its expert technical service in Turkey and abroad for your projects.